The M.E. Church South was built in 1913 at the corner of Pine and Stephenson streets in Harrison. The church went through several name changes throughout the years. In 1939, it became the Harrison Methodist Church, in 1959 the First Methodist Church, and finally in 1968 it became the First United Methodist Church. The name changes reflect the evolution of the Methodist Church. The building was shut down in 1979 due to damage from a nearby gas explosion.
This is a black and white postcard with an image of the M.E. Church South in Harrison, Arkansas from a side angle on the front.
M.E. Church South, Harrison, Arkansas postcard, General Photograph File, AHC G 1224.03, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Rights and Usage
Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.