The monastery, otherwise know as Subiaco Abbey and Acedemy, started as St. Benedict's Colony in 1887. In 1902, the Abbey started a boys high school. During its history, the Abbey has suffered two fires and been rebuilt each time. Presently, it is still a high school and residence for monks.
This is a postcard with the Monastery of the Bendictine Brothers in Subiaco, Arkansas on the front. The image is of the building before the fire in 1927.
Black and white postcard, 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Monasteries; Religious dwellings; Postcards;
Subiaco, Logan County. (Ark.)
Arkansas State Archives
Monastery of the Benedictine Brothers, General Photograph File, AHC G1535, Arkansas History Commissio, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Rights and Usage
Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at email@example.com.