Wilson's Map of Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas
W.H.B. Wilson, Strobridge Lithographing Co.
Located in southeastern Arkansas, Pine Bluff was incorporated in 1839 and became the county seat for Jefferson County in 1832. It was named for bluff of pine trees overlooking the south bank of the Arkansas River. The Strobridge Lithographing Company was founded in 1847 in Cincinatti, Ohio, by Elijah C. Middleton as a stationary and bookstore focused on engraving. Over the years, the company made a variety of products, including maps and advertising cards, signs and posters. They became widely known for their colorful, detail-oriented designs.
Black and white printed map of Pine Bluff in Jefferson County, Arkansas. The map shows different neighborhoods and additions in the city.
Map, 11" x 17"
Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, (Ark.)
Arkansas State Archives
Wilson's Map of Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas, Map1851, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas
Rights and Usage
Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6901 or email at email@example.com.