Heber Springs, known for its mineral springs, was incorporated in 1882 under the name Sugar Loaf. It was not until 1910 that the name of the town was changed to Heber Springs. The presence of the springs made Heber Springs an tourist destination from the beginning. The tourist trade in the area increased in 1963 with the completion of Greers Ferry Dam and Lake.
This is a souvenir postcard book with built-in envelope, containing ten fold-out, partially colored images of Heber Springs. The fold-outs are black and white with a colored blue sky. It was sent from Blanche Trawier to Miss Aubrey Cobine of Little Rock, Arkansas.
Postcard envelope containing ten partially colored images: 6" x 4" closed; 6" x 18" open
Heber Springs Souvenir Postcard Book, General Photograph File, G0933, Arkansas State Archives, Little Rock, Arkansas.
Rights and Usage
Use and reproduction of images held by the Arkansas State Archives without prior written permission is prohibited. For information on reproducing images held by the Arkansas State Archives, please call 501-682-6900 or email at email@example.com